First to know, there are two kinds of EV Charging Cable:
AC(Alternative Current) Charging Cable and DC(Direct Current) Charging Cable. DC Charging Cable has large current and high rate of power, they are normally equipped with Fast EV Charging Station. So on the contrary, AC Charging Station or Portable EV Charging Cable are generally used for home.
1. AC EV Charging
The AC EV charging cable can be divided into 3 electric car charging cable types, Type 1(American Standard), Type 2(European Standard) and GB/T(Chinese Standard). Of course, Tesla has its own standards for charging ports, however, under pressure, Tesla also began to change its standards according to the market situation to make its cars more suitable for the market, just like the Chinese Tesla must be equipped with the GB/T standard charging port.
(1) Type 1
Charging Port SAE J1772, called J-plug as well.
USA, South Korea, and Japan mainly use it, including AC EV Charging Station and Portable EV Charging Cable.
In order to accommodate this standard charging port, Tesla would also have to provide a gun adapter so that Tesla cars could use the public charging point of this Type of charging port.
The type 1 EV charging cable provides 120V(Level 1) and 240V(Level 2) in voltage.
(2) Type 2
Charging Port IEC 62196-2
Type2 is the interface standard for new energy vehicles in Europe, and the rated voltage is 230V. Seeing the picture may be a little like the GB/T standard, in fact, it is easy to distinguish, and the black part is hollow out.
Charging Port GB/T 20234
Since January 1, 2016, China has stipulated that as long as the charging interface of each brand of new energy vehicles produced in China must meet the standard GB/T20234, after 2016, the domestic production of new energy vehicles, do not consider whether the charging port is suitable for the standard because it has been unified standards.
The rated voltage usually is 220V.
2. DC EV Charging
DC charging guns are generally equivalent to AC charge guns, each region has its own standard, with the slight exception of Japan. The DC charging gun interface in Japan is CHAdeMO. Of course, not all Japanese cars use this DC charging port, and only some new energy models of Mitsubishi and Nissan use the following CHAdeMO DC charging port.
American standard Type 1 corresponds to CCS1: it is mainly to add a pair of high current charging holes at the bottom.
European standard Type 2 corresponds to CCS2.
Chinese standard of DC charging:
The rated voltage of DC charging pile is generally above 400V, and the current reaches several hundred amperes. Therefore, it is generally not for household use, but for quick charging stations set up in shopping malls and gas stations.
You can enjoy a secure and stable EV charging experience by using Jayuan vehicle charging cables, and also give us a chance to design products according to your requirements.
- Hangzhou Jayuan Industrial Company Limited Electric Vehicle Charging
- Solar Water Pump for Agriculture
- EV Charging Cable Types
- Some Basic Knowledge about Solar Panels
- Polycrystalline and Multicrystalline Solar Panels
- Solar Panel for Home Use
- What Are the Factors That Affect the Price of Rural Solar Street Lights?
- How to Choose the Right LED Solar Street Lamp?
- What Parameters Should Be Paid Attention to when Purchasing Solar Street Lights?
- What Aspects Should Be Paid Special Attention to in the Use of Solar Street Lights?
- What Aspects Should Be Paid Attention to when Choosing LED Solar Street Lights?
- Solution and Application of Solar Water Pump Irrigation System
- The Best Portable Solar Panels of 2021
- Why Are Portable Solar Panels Very Suitable for RV and Camping?
- Advantages Of Using Solar Panels For Camping
- Principle, Structure and Advantages of Solar Photovoltaic Water Pump System
- What Does It Need to Install the Solar Panel for Home Use
- Solar Powered Water Pump With Battery Backup Applications And Characteristics
- What Is a Solar Water Pump?
- Some Details about EV CHARGING CABLES
- Introduction and Types of EV Chargers
- How Many Standards Does EV Charging Cable Have?
- Hangzhou Jayuan EV Charging cable
- What Issues Should Be Considered when Designing EV charging cables?
- How to Clean Solar Panels in Home Photovoltaic Power Plants?
- How Does the Solar Submersible Pump Work? Is It Easy to Install and Maintain?
- Skills and Requirements for Daily Maintenance of Wires in EV Charging Pile
- The Material Introduction and Standardization Direction of EV Electric Charging Cables
- The Working Principle and Classification of Solar Submersible Pumps
- Safety Performance Requirements for EV Charging Cable
- Attention and Functional Requirements of EV Charging Cable
- Principle and Classification of Electric Car Charger Adapter
- How to Select EV Charging Cable?
- Which is More Efficient, an EV Car Home Charger or a Charging Pile?
- How to Choose the Cable Type of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile?
- Requirements for Outdoor Use and Selection of the Cable of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- Certification Requirements and Main Performance Parameters of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles for Cables
- What Are the Wiring Requirements for Mobile Electric Vehicle Charging?
- What Are the Advantages of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Cable?
- The Material Introduction of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Charging Cable
- Characteristics and Composition of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile
- What Are the Technical Requirements for Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Cables?
- What Are the Cable Reference Standards for Electric Vehicle Charging Piles?
- Slow EV Charging Pile is a Necessity for Electric Vehicles
- EV Charging Pile Used in Thunderstorms
- How to Reasonably Set the Cost of Car Charging Piles?
- Standard and Development of Car Charging Pile Maintenance
- How to Properly Charge New Energy Vehicles with Electric Vehicle Charging Piles?
- How to Distinguish Between Fast-charging Electric Charging Piles and Slow-charging Electric Charging Piles?
- Characteristics and Operation Methods of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- About the Charging and Payment of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- Company News
- Industry News
- Exhibitions & Events