People who use electric vehicles often need to charge electric vehicles. Some use charging piles in the company, some pull electricity in the community, and some use supercharging stations for fast charging. There are more and more charging environments for electric vehicles. So, what are the charging modes for electric vehicles? How to select the charging pile cable in various charging modes?
First of all, to understand the selection of charging pile cables, you need to understand what charging modes are available for different electric vehicle charging cable types, and what kind of EV charging cable to choose from under the corresponding charging mode.
Classification of EV charging cable modes
In general, we can divide EV charging cable methods into four types, the main difference being the usage method and charging speed.
1. Charging mode 1: It is a combination of a single-head charging gun + cable + ordinary CEE plug to single-phase mains.
2. Charging mode 2: The combination method is a single-head charging gun + cable + control box + plug to connect to single-phase mains.
The difference between charging mode 2 and charging mode 1 is that there are more controllers. Compared with charging mode 1, charging mode 2 has complete protection measures, which can be protected against over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current, over-temperature, and power leakage. Charge mode 1 has no protection.
3. Charging mode 3: The combination method is a double-headed charging gun + cable + charging pile to connect single-phase or three-phase power.
Compared with the two modes of charging mode 1 and charging mode 2, charging mode 3 increases the charging current to increase the charging speed, and the demand for EV charging cable safety will also be higher.
4. Charging mode 4: The combination method is charging gun + cable + charging pile connected to DC direct current.
Selection of EV charging cable corresponding to charging mode
We introduced the introduction of the charging mode above, and then let's take a look at the selection of the electric car charging cable types. The charging cable selection principle is to determine the charging mode used and the current output by the charging mode to select the corresponding cable.
1. In charging mode 1, because the ordinary CEE plug is used to connect to single-phase mains, 10A, and 16A are commonly used. The corresponding EV charging cable uses a 3*1.5 square cable and a 3*2.5 square cable
2. Charging mode 2 uses an ordinary CEE plug to connect to single-phase mains, rated current 10A/16A uses 3*2.5+2*0.75 cable, and rated current 16A/32A uses 3*4.0+2*0.75 cable.
3. The selection of charging mode 3 cables. We mentioned above that the principle of EV charging cable selection is to determine the charging mode used and the current output by the charging mode to select the corresponding cable.
The common output currents of charging mode 3 are 16A, 32A, three-phase 32A, three-phase 63A, three-phase 125A, that is, the corresponding charging cable can be 3*4.0+2*0.75 cable, 3*6.0+2*0.75 cable, 5 *6.0+2*0.75 cable, 5*16+2*0.75 cable, 5*35+2*0.75 cable.
4. The selection of the charging mode 4 cable. The charging mode 4 is DC charging, which has obvious advantages such as high charging current and fast charging speed. Therefore, the requirements for safety are higher, the cable diameter is thicker. The electric vehicle charging cable includes the main power line, the ground wire, the auxiliary power line, and the control line. And there are also more requirements for cables.
When choosing a cable, you need to pay attention to product flexibility and bending radius, high and low-temperature resistance, oil resistance, acid and alkali resistance, water resistance, abrasion resistance, cracking resistance, UV resistance, and flame retardancy, electrical conductivity, conductor temperature rise. Choosing certified products from reliable electric vehicle charging cable manufacturers will be more secure.
- Hangzhou Jayuan Industrial Company Limited Electric Vehicle Charging
- Solar Water Pump for Agriculture
- EV Charging Cable Types
- Some Basic Knowledge about Solar Panels
- Polycrystalline and Multicrystalline Solar Panels
- Solar Panel for Home Use
- What Are the Factors That Affect the Price of Rural Solar Street Lights?
- How to Choose the Right LED Solar Street Lamp?
- What Parameters Should Be Paid Attention to when Purchasing Solar Street Lights?
- What Aspects Should Be Paid Special Attention to in the Use of Solar Street Lights?
- What Aspects Should Be Paid Attention to when Choosing LED Solar Street Lights?
- Solution and Application of Solar Water Pump Irrigation System
- The Best Portable Solar Panels of 2021
- Why Are Portable Solar Panels Very Suitable for RV and Camping?
- Advantages Of Using Solar Panels For Camping
- Principle, Structure and Advantages of Solar Photovoltaic Water Pump System
- What Does It Need to Install the Solar Panel for Home Use
- Solar Powered Water Pump With Battery Backup Applications And Characteristics
- What Is a Solar Water Pump?
- Some Details about EV CHARGING CABLES
- Introduction and Types of EV Chargers
- How Many Standards Does EV Charging Cable Have?
- Hangzhou Jayuan EV Charging cable
- What Issues Should Be Considered when Designing EV charging cables?
- How to Clean Solar Panels in Home Photovoltaic Power Plants?
- How Does the Solar Submersible Pump Work? Is It Easy to Install and Maintain?
- Skills and Requirements for Daily Maintenance of Wires in EV Charging Pile
- The Material Introduction and Standardization Direction of EV Electric Charging Cables
- The Working Principle and Classification of Solar Submersible Pumps
- Safety Performance Requirements for EV Charging Cable
- Attention and Functional Requirements of EV Charging Cable
- Principle and Classification of Electric Car Charger Adapter
- How to Select EV Charging Cable?
- Which is More Efficient, an EV Car Home Charger or a Charging Pile?
- How to Choose the Cable Type of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile?
- Requirements for Outdoor Use and Selection of the Cable of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- Certification Requirements and Main Performance Parameters of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles for Cables
- What Are the Wiring Requirements for Mobile Electric Vehicle Charging?
- What Are the Advantages of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Cable?
- The Material Introduction of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Charging Cable
- Characteristics and Composition of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile
- What Are the Technical Requirements for Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Cables?
- What Are the Cable Reference Standards for Electric Vehicle Charging Piles?
- Slow EV Charging Pile is a Necessity for Electric Vehicles
- EV Charging Pile Used in Thunderstorms
- How to Reasonably Set the Cost of Car Charging Piles?
- Standard and Development of Car Charging Pile Maintenance
- How to Properly Charge New Energy Vehicles with Electric Vehicle Charging Piles?
- How to Distinguish Between Fast-charging Electric Charging Piles and Slow-charging Electric Charging Piles?
- Characteristics and Operation Methods of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- About the Charging and Payment of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- Company News
- Industry News
- Exhibitions & Events