In the face of increasingly severe energy, climate, and environmental issues, the development of new energy vehicles has gradually become the consensus of the world. The automotive industry has been unable to avoid the reality and urgency of energy conservation and emission reduction. This will also greatly increase the market demand for electric charging cables. Therefore, the development of new EV electric charging cables has become an urgent problem in the cable industry.
1. Important requirements for EV electric charging cables
Electric charging cables are one of the key equipment in the conductive charging system of electric vehicles. The performance of this type of product will have a direct impact on the safe and reliable operation of electric vehicles. In terms of function:
A EV electric charging cable is a carrier for transmitting electric energy connected between an electric vehicle and a charging pile. However, modern charging technology has higher requirements for the charging process, that is, information transmission between the electric vehicle and the charging pile is required, and the charging action can be appropriately controlled.
The safety performance of electric vehicles has always been the focus of attention in the industry, and its safety has been highly valued. On the basis of ensuring excellent insulation performance, the materials selected for EV electric charging cables should also have high aging resistance and heat resistance. At the same time, they also need to have good low-smoke flame-retardant properties to reduce the possibility of injuries and losses in accidents.
2. The direction of standardization of EV electric charging cables
As the requirements for the use of electric vehicle charging cable types are different from those for traditional wires and cables, the current wire and cable standards are difficult to cover all the requirements for the use of electric charging cables. Therefore, it is necessary to formulate independent standards on electric charging cable products to promote the healthy development of the industry.
Considering the requirements on mechanical performance, electrical performance, safety, environmental protection and service life of electric charging cables, new low-smoke halogen-free flame-retardant materials, polyester elastomers, polyurethane materials, etc. are more suitable insulating materials and sheath materials for electric charging cables, which have become the development direction of electric charging cable products.
The new type of halogen-free material does not contain halogen, no harmful gas and corrosive gas are generated during combustion, and at the same time, it has less smoke and good flame retardant performance, and has high safety; in terms of mechanical properties, Halogen-free materials and polyester type materials have higher mechanical properties than those specified in IEC60245 and IEC60227 standards, which can ensure the reliability and service life of electric charging cables in the service process.
Since the sheath layer of electric charging cable has the function of protecting the cable and may encounter stretching with great external force during use, it needs higher mechanical properties. Sheath materials such as new polyurethane sheath materials and halogen-free flame-retardant thermosetting polyolefins, ethylene-propylene rubber mixture, etc., have high tensile strength, which is significantly higher than the performance of the materials in IEC60245 and IEC60227 standards. The new materials have good mechanical properties. At present, IEC does not have product standards on wires and cables of these two materials.
At present, new insulating materials and sheath materials have become the development trend of materials for electric charging cable products, and have broad development space and development potential; in addition, polyvinyl chloride materials, cross-linked polyethylene materials, etc. have also been used in electric charging cables. In order to ensure the standardized development of electric charging cable products, corresponding electric charging cable products standards should be established as soon as possible to provide a basis for the research and production of electric charging cable products.
- Hangzhou Jayuan Industrial Company Limited Electric Vehicle Charging
- Solar Water Pump for Agriculture
- EV Charging Cable Types
- Some Basic Knowledge about Solar Panels
- Polycrystalline and Multicrystalline Solar Panels
- Solar Panel for Home Use
- What Are the Factors That Affect the Price of Rural Solar Street Lights?
- How to Choose the Right LED Solar Street Lamp?
- What Parameters Should Be Paid Attention to when Purchasing Solar Street Lights?
- What Aspects Should Be Paid Special Attention to in the Use of Solar Street Lights?
- What Aspects Should Be Paid Attention to when Choosing LED Solar Street Lights?
- Solution and Application of Solar Water Pump Irrigation System
- The Best Portable Solar Panels of 2021
- Why Are Portable Solar Panels Very Suitable for RV and Camping?
- Advantages Of Using Solar Panels For Camping
- Principle, Structure and Advantages of Solar Photovoltaic Water Pump System
- What Does It Need to Install the Solar Panel for Home Use
- Solar Powered Water Pump With Battery Backup Applications And Characteristics
- What Is a Solar Water Pump?
- Some Details about EV CHARGING CABLES
- Introduction and Types of EV Chargers
- How Many Standards Does EV Charging Cable Have?
- Hangzhou Jayuan EV Charging cable
- What Issues Should Be Considered when Designing EV charging cables?
- How to Clean Solar Panels in Home Photovoltaic Power Plants?
- How Does the Solar Submersible Pump Work? Is It Easy to Install and Maintain?
- Skills and Requirements for Daily Maintenance of Wires in EV Charging Pile
- The Material Introduction and Standardization Direction of EV Electric Charging Cables
- The Working Principle and Classification of Solar Submersible Pumps
- Safety Performance Requirements for EV Charging Cable
- Attention and Functional Requirements of EV Charging Cable
- Principle and Classification of Electric Car Charger Adapter
- How to Select EV Charging Cable?
- Which is More Efficient, an EV Car Home Charger or a Charging Pile?
- How to Choose the Cable Type of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile?
- Requirements for Outdoor Use and Selection of the Cable of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- Certification Requirements and Main Performance Parameters of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles for Cables
- What Are the Wiring Requirements for Mobile Electric Vehicle Charging?
- What Are the Advantages of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Cable?
- The Material Introduction of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Charging Cable
- Characteristics and Composition of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile
- What Are the Technical Requirements for Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Cables?
- What Are the Cable Reference Standards for Electric Vehicle Charging Piles?
- Slow EV Charging Pile is a Necessity for Electric Vehicles
- EV Charging Pile Used in Thunderstorms
- How to Reasonably Set the Cost of Car Charging Piles?
- Standard and Development of Car Charging Pile Maintenance
- How to Properly Charge New Energy Vehicles with Electric Vehicle Charging Piles?
- How to Distinguish Between Fast-charging Electric Charging Piles and Slow-charging Electric Charging Piles?
- Characteristics and Operation Methods of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- About the Charging and Payment of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- Company News
- Industry News
- Exhibitions & Events