There are many electric vehicle charging piles on the market, each with its own merits, and charging is also divided into slow charging and fast charging. But in many cases, it is not clear whether it is fast charging or slow charging when charging. The following will give you a detailed introduction.
1. Fast charging and slow charging electric vehicle charging piles
Fast charging is fast, but setting up a site is complicated. Fast charging generally uses DC (and AC) high current to directly charge the in-vehicle battery. In addition to solving the grid power supply, fast charging electric vehicle charging piles can also be equipped with fast chargers. It is more suitable for users who need to replenish electricity in the middle, but not everyone has fast charging equipment, so for the convenience of use, the car has a slow charging function, but for cost reasons, in order to increase the coverage area, fast-charging electric vehicle charging piles also exist in large numbers.
Slow charging is to use the car's own charging system to achieve slow charging. A slow charge is good for the battery, and it's fully charged. In addition, the construction of the charging station is also relatively simple, and only a power supply with sufficient capacity is required. No additional high current charging device required, low threshold. It is convenient for home use, as long as there is a power supply, it can be charged.
The slow charge will fully charge the battery in about 8-10h, and the fast charge will have a larger current of 150A-300A, which can fully charge the battery to 80% within half an hour. It is suitable for supplementing electric energy in the middle. High current charging will still have a little impact on battery life. In order to improve the charging speed, fast charging piles are also increasing! Most of the charging stations built later are mainly fast charging. In some areas, the charging piles for slow-charging electric vehicles are no longer updated and maintained, and they are directly charged for fast charging after damage.
2. The function and charging principle of electric vehicle charging pile
The role of the charging pile is similar to that of the refueling device inside the gas station. It can be fixed on the ground or on the wall and installed in public buildings (public buildings, shopping malls, public parking lots, etc.) and residential parking lots or charging stations. Different voltage levels charge various models of electric vehicles. The input end of the electric vehicle charging pile is directly connected to the AC power grid, and the output end is equipped with a charging plug to charge the electric vehicle.
There are two main charging methods: ordinary charging and fast charging. The user uses a special charging card to swipe the card on the human-computer interaction interface provided by the charging pile to perform operations such as corresponding charging mode, charging time, and charging data printing. The charging screen can display the charging power, charging data, charging time and other information.
The fast charging and slow charging interfaces of electric vehicles first correspond to the DC and AC interfaces, DC fast charging and AC slow charging. Usually, there are 5 fast charger ports and 7 slow charger ports. In addition, you can also see the fast charge and slow charge from the wire of the charger, and the wire of the fast charge is thicker. However, some electric vehicles have only one charging mode due to various considerations such as cost and battery capacity, so there will be only one charging interface.
The principle of fast charging is to store direct current directly in the battery, while the alternating current needs to be converted into direct current by the on-board charger and stored in the battery, so the time will be much slower than fast charging.
Slow charging generally uses AC power, that is, household electric vehicle charging piles. Since AC power is converted by on-board chargers, the impact on the battery is relatively small, but it is time-consuming. At present, household slow charging piles are basically 220V, and most household circuits can be used, so they can be installed at any time in residential parking spaces and underground garages, which is convenient for users to use.
- Hangzhou Jayuan Industrial Company Limited Electric Vehicle Charging
- Solar Water Pump for Agriculture
- EV Charging Cable Types
- Some Basic Knowledge about Solar Panels
- Polycrystalline and Multicrystalline Solar Panels
- Solar Panel for Home Use
- What Are the Factors That Affect the Price of Rural Solar Street Lights?
- How to Choose the Right LED Solar Street Lamp?
- What Parameters Should Be Paid Attention to when Purchasing Solar Street Lights?
- What Aspects Should Be Paid Special Attention to in the Use of Solar Street Lights?
- What Aspects Should Be Paid Attention to when Choosing LED Solar Street Lights?
- Solution and Application of Solar Water Pump Irrigation System
- The Best Portable Solar Panels of 2021
- Why Are Portable Solar Panels Very Suitable for RV and Camping?
- Advantages Of Using Solar Panels For Camping
- Principle, Structure and Advantages of Solar Photovoltaic Water Pump System
- What Does It Need to Install the Solar Panel for Home Use
- Solar Powered Water Pump With Battery Backup Applications And Characteristics
- What Is a Solar Water Pump?
- Some Details about EV CHARGING CABLES
- Introduction and Types of EV Chargers
- How Many Standards Does EV Charging Cable Have?
- Hangzhou Jayuan EV Charging cable
- What Issues Should Be Considered when Designing EV charging cables?
- How to Clean Solar Panels in Home Photovoltaic Power Plants?
- How Does the Solar Submersible Pump Work? Is It Easy to Install and Maintain?
- Skills and Requirements for Daily Maintenance of Wires in EV Charging Pile
- The Material Introduction and Standardization Direction of EV Electric Charging Cables
- The Working Principle and Classification of Solar Submersible Pumps
- Safety Performance Requirements for EV Charging Cable
- Attention and Functional Requirements of EV Charging Cable
- Principle and Classification of Electric Car Charger Adapter
- How to Select EV Charging Cable?
- Which is More Efficient, an EV Car Home Charger or a Charging Pile?
- How to Choose the Cable Type of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile?
- Requirements for Outdoor Use and Selection of the Cable of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- Certification Requirements and Main Performance Parameters of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles for Cables
- What Are the Wiring Requirements for Mobile Electric Vehicle Charging?
- What Are the Advantages of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Cable?
- The Material Introduction of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Charging Cable
- Characteristics and Composition of Electric Vehicle Charging Pile
- What Are the Technical Requirements for Electric Vehicle Charging Pile Cables?
- What Are the Cable Reference Standards for Electric Vehicle Charging Piles?
- Slow EV Charging Pile is a Necessity for Electric Vehicles
- EV Charging Pile Used in Thunderstorms
- How to Reasonably Set the Cost of Car Charging Piles?
- Standard and Development of Car Charging Pile Maintenance
- How to Properly Charge New Energy Vehicles with Electric Vehicle Charging Piles?
- How to Distinguish Between Fast-charging Electric Charging Piles and Slow-charging Electric Charging Piles?
- Characteristics and Operation Methods of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- About the Charging and Payment of Electric Vehicle Charging Piles
- Company News
- Industry News
- Exhibitions & Events